- If you don't know about Dilbert, you've been living in a hole
without an internet feed for far too long. Is it just me, or is
Dilbert just not as funny anymore? Still the occasional good one,
though. I'm trying out the AUTO UPDATE feature on this,
we'll see how that goes.
- Sluggy Freelance
- I used to really like sluggy when I first started reading it,
during its first year. It got more tedious for a while with some
long drawn-out storylines that just didn't have the right "pacing"
for a comic of this type. However, it's been looking pretty
reasonable again, lately.
- It's an "okay" comic. Doesn't really feel all that funny to
me right now, but I'm not sure if it's because the comic has
changed, or I have. Either way, I still seem to read it. AUTO
- I generally enjoy this comic, and it is drawn pretty well.
Scott Kurtz grates on me, somehow, but I tend to generally agree
with his rants. There's a lot of crap out there on the web, some
of which you can see listed on this page for "completeness".
- I really enjoy this comic. There are dry spells, like many
other comics, but when Slick and Monique are together, that's
great comedy. While many ofthe other characters are interesting,
it's not a guarenteed hit with them. I in particular find some of
the Pooch and Percival cartoons dry. But hey, I'll take what I
can get, especially with the great drawing quality. As with many
things, one can make comparisons between the characters and
real-life friends, and here are my observations on that topic. I
renewed my Keenspot premium membership just so I could see how the
daily AUTO UPDATE feature goes. Unfortunately, it won't
work for ordinary keenspace comics...
- General Protection Fault
- AUTO UPDATE
- Something Positive
- I like it. A new pleasure.
- User Friendly
- God this comic fucking sucks. A drunken paraplegic could draw
better. And don't get me started on the stupid 31337
pretentiousness. Ghastly. Yet I keep reading it out of habit. I
must try to quit cold turkey. UPDATE: I was successful, and my
memory of the comic is fading like that of a bad
- Another interesting strip. Decent drawing quality; different
from most others I can think of. Pretty pretentious though. The
girl is just so damned depressed. I don't know about you, but I
like to avoid that part of my life when reading a comic. Still,
it can offer not just the normal laughs, but also the occasional
insight which is so rare in other comics. Probably not worth
reading every day; but reading in weekly chunks; otherwise it
seems too slow.
- I don't think very much of this comic, but someone out there
has got to like it...let me just say that I did read the entire
archive some time ago, and I did like some of the bits. Heck, you
gotta love Boardy. But you know...the main character is just so
goddamn *stupid*. Not much depth to these characters. I don't
bother reading, that's for sure.
- The Japanese Beetle
- I know that a friend of mine has some history with the writer
of this comic, and there were some laughs in the archive. Worth a
read once in a while. At least the drawing quality is nice; it's
so close to being really good. There's just some missing element,
and I'm not sure what it is.
- Salon's Comics
- A bunch of weekly comics, one new one per day.
Tri-Weekly (Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
- Penny Arcade
- Exploitation Now!
Weekly (various days, mostly Friday)
- Bob the Angry Flower
- Red Meat
- The Thin H Line
- Sexy Losers
- This comic bares no resemblence to any other listed on this page.
- Wacky. Jury still out.
- Ghastly's Ghastly Comic
- Tentacle monsters and the women who love them.
I really don't know
- Helen, Sweetheart of the Internet
- After Y2K!
- Argon Zark!
- Uhh, I'm not sure what to say. It's colorful...
- Terry Moore's Daily Comic Strip Site!
- Space Moose
- Project Thingy
- Road Waffles
- Brad mentioned this comic to me, and so I had to go read it.
It was occasionally funny, but that's primarily due to the fact
that I read the whole archive at once. It's probably not very
funny as a daily comic. Which is isn't right now, anyway. The
drawing quality is not great, but it's okay for a web comic. I
think Merv is actually the most fun character of the bunch; at
least with how Eight has dealt with him. I don't think he'd work
as a bigger part of a strip or as the main focus, but he is pretty
- Waiting For Bob
- When I Grow Up
- This comic can be fun, but is probably somewhere below 50% in
the "hit ratio". Which is not all that bad by web comic
standards. Drawing quality is nothing to write home about, but
better than some. I find myself going to the site whenever it's
supposed to have a new comic, and am irritated when there isn't
one; it'd be nice if Jeffrey would at least put a "no new comic
today" note at the top of the page.
- The Parking Lot is Full
- Enough with the fucking sock puppets!
Last modified: Mon Jul 1 18:18:13 EDT 2002